It's been a dramatic week in the Lanvin house and things don't look like they will be settling down anytime soon.
It seems that the 330 employees of Elbaz's team are demanding an explanation for the forced exit of Elbaz. They are said to be demanding majority share owner, (and the one responsible for forcing Elbaz out) Taiwan publishing mogul Shaw- Lan Wang, come back from Taiwan and return to Paris to discuss their concerns, with the ultimate aim of bringing Elbaz back to the fashion house.
They are also said to potentially seeking help from the Paris commercial court to help mediate the situation and help make a decision on the course of action to take.
On French radio station RTL at midday on Thursday Paris time, the representatives that work for the council let it's audience know that Lanvin's employees were truly upset at the firing of Elbaz. Council representative Charles- Henry Paris was present for the broadcast as well as an anonymous employee who joined the conversation to give the inside information on the reaction of Elbaz's former team.
Elbaz had been with Lanvin for 14 years, but sources close to the company say there were huge disagreements between Wang and CEO Michèle Huiban on how to take the brand forward.
No mention from either party has been made as to who will take over the Lanvin reigns, or where Elbaz will move on to next.