The stunning new exhibition honors the work of nominated Costume Designers, Costume Supervisors as well as Assistant Costume Designers from the 2018-2019 television season.
I was fortunate enough to attend the media preview and Emmy Nomination Certificate Presentation Party to celebrate the nominees and the opening of the exhibition yesterday, Saturday 17th August and it was nothing short of magnificent.
- Costume Designers:
- Michelle R. Cole, "Black-ish"
- Lou Eyrich, "Pose"
- Jennifer Rogien, “Russian Doll”
- Cynthia Summers, “A Series of Unfortunate Events”
- Marina Toybina, “The Masked Singer” (FIDM Alumna)
- Assistant Costume Designers:
- Phoebe Parsons, “A Series of Unfortunate Events”
- Kelsey Chobotar, “A Series of Unfortunate Events"
- Costume Supervisors:
- Devon Patterson, "Black-ish"
- Grainne O’Sullivan, “The Masked Singer”
- Terry Ann Gordon, Television Academy Costume Design & Supervision Governor
- Laura Guzik, Television Academy Costume Design & Supervision Governor
As with the previous FIDM Television Costume Exhibitions, this exhibition includes Emmy® Award-nominated programs from the 2018-2019 television season. You will be able to view the stunning work from shows such as Game of Thrones, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Black-ish, and acclaimed shows such as The Masked Singer (excitingly a Costume Design by a talented FIDM Graduate Marina Toybina), Fosse/Verdon, Sharp Objects (Costume Design by another FIDM talented Alumna Alix Friedberg) Pose, Russian Doll, and Good Omens.
As well as being able to see these costumes up close, you’ll also be able to see some costumes of other shows including The Bold Type, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Gotham, The Haunting of Hill House, The Man in the High Castle, Outlander, Shrill, and Veep, amongst others.
As with all FIDM exhibitions the Art of Television Costume Design exhibition is free and open to the public from Tuesday 20th August until Saturday 26th October 2019. The exhibition features eighty-five different ensembles from 23 featured titles and is not to be missed!
With thanks, as always to FIDM / FIDM Museum and Barbara Bundy (Vice President, Education for FIDM and FIDM Museum Director) for another wonderful event.
FIDM Museum is open Tuesday- Saturday 10.00am - 5pm
For more information visit FIDM Museum